Please Help Support Seaprog

Seaprog has never been a for-profit enterprise, and our fiscal sponsorship with Shunpike cements our commitment to present the best music possible without consideration of commercial appeal.

Why are we asking for donations?

Hello, Seaprog Fans!

This is the time of year when many people decide how to make their charitable donations. We’d like to make the case to include Seaprog in your giving this year.

Seaprog provides a prominent showcase for musicians working in a non-mainstream musical genre that has long been underrepresented in the Pacific Northwest. The festival's focus is on the resurgent Northwest progressive-music community, augmented by some of the more adventurous national and international artists active in the genre today. Over five annual editions, Seaprog has presented more than 75 acts (comprising roughly 290 musicians) whose diverse approaches illustrate just how far progressive rock has evolved since its origins in the 1960s.

Seaprog is fiscally sponsored by Shunpike, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that provides independent arts groups in Washington State with the services, resources, and opportunities they need to forge their own paths to sustainable success. Our association with Shunpike makes it possible for supporters to make fully tax-deductible donations to help Seaprog cover expenses and invest in the festival's future.

Seaprog is also grateful to receive Sustained Support funding from 4Culture, which funds individual artists, artist groups, and arts organizations that provide access to art experiences for all King County residents and visitors.

Seaprog is an all volunteer-run nonprofit organization — there are no paid employees. Fully 90 percent of proceeds go directly to putting on the festival each year; 10 percent of proceeds go to Shunpike for their administrative services.

In 2019, 60 percent of Seaprog's income came from ticket sales; 30 percent from donations; and 10 percent from merchandise sales.

With your help, we can continue to grow for years to come! Please click the button below to make your tax-exempt donation now:


Cabezas de Cera, Seaprog 2017, Columbia City Theater Main Stage, 3 June, 2017. Mauricio Sotelo (Photo by D. Davis)
Debora Petrina, Seaprog 2015, Columbia City Theater Main Stage, 9 August, 2015 (Photo by D. Davis)

Seaprog benefits a regional audience of enthusiasts at an affordable price. The festival also benefits numerous regional musicians. We're especially proud of the fact that Seaprog's roster of artists has shown significant representation from gender and ethnic communities; for example, fully 70% of main-stage acts presented by Seaprog to date have been led by or featured female performers, in a genre that's long been heavily tilted toward men.

Seaprog has no paid employees; 90% of our income from ticket and merchandise sales and donations goes directly to the festival, including paying for the bands and the venue, travel expenses, refreshments, and advertising and promotion. The other 10% goes to our financial partner Shunpike.

In 2018, 61% of our operating funds came from ticket and merchandise sales, and 39% from tax-deductible donations.

No donation is too small! Use the link below to make a donation of any amount – even $5, $10 or $25 will make a big difference in keeping the festival going for years to come. Thank you, and look for some exciting 2020 lineup announcements very soon!